My Path Project
My Path is a research-based programme which helps all young people, including the most vulnerable ones, to make successful choices about secondary education. My Path was originally developed and tested as a part of a multi-disciplinary research project funded by the Strategic Research Council of Finland, which aimed to identify ways of tackling social exclusion in comprehensive schools.
The research project ended in 2021, but the My Path programme, further developed and tested on the basis of the research results, is only getting started. It is now being rolled out widely in Finnish schools.
My Path Programme
- A research-based programme developed by a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, psychologists and specialists in youth and in learning.
- Intended to help all young people, especially the most vulnerable, to make successful choices when applying to secondary education.
- Designed to better prepare young people for working life and to improve their emotional and psychological wellbeing.
- Allows guidance counsellors to update, complement and expand their pedagogical skills and competences.
- Comprises of a complete set of study materials for guidance counsellors to use with students as a part of the regular curriculum in years 7-9 of comprehensive school.